Monday, November 15, 2010

Finally poem project

Fromal poem: song structure

Leaving for the night
won't be back in the morning
if you miss me I won't know
I'll be far away from here
finding what I need in this world
even if I don't know what it is yet

Refrain:
Getting out
don't want to say goodbye
because I fear somehow
that you'll be able to get me stay
you've always had that power over me
a hold on me I've never quiet accepted

ever since day one
I told myself I'd be gone
when I get to the point in my life
where I don't need you anymore
and you continue to hang on
let go, and wave goodbye
because I refuse to stay here

Free style poem:

This is my poem for free style
being as it's for free style I don't need to have a structure
I enjoy being able to play with the words
deciding what fits best where
letting the words dance on my tongue
until I find the right way to let them out
so that they can play in the minds of others
never letting them fall asleep,
keeping them constantly guessing on what the real meaning is
when the truth is I didn't over analyse
I wrote the words that came to mind
and there's no hidden meaning in any of.
At least for this poem...

2 comments:

  1. The theme of the freestyle poem is somewhat ironic. It is a little sarcastic also. The theme is kinda making fun of poems in general.
    I identified irony which i have described above. I also see that there is some imagery thrown in here. Especially in the line "letting the words dance on my tongue". I really like that line and it brings the poem to life. The meter is nice and casual and I appreciate the humor of this poem. I really like the freestyle poem. Its nice and casual and humourous also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig the genuine tone of the poem. It speaks to the theme of conflict within a writer. The speaker is in trumoil over both being forced to write a poem, but also being given free reign over structure. I enjoyed the personification of the words, to really bring their impact to life.

    ReplyDelete